Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Chicken Pictures

It's hard to get good pictures of chickens, especially when they are being periodically attacked by other chickens twice their size. However, here are some photos of the new girls.

These are the first three. The one in the back has tufts of feathers over her ears, which might get more pronounced as she gets older.



Here are the second three. I'm a sucker for white birds, so I really like the white one in the back. Her neck feathers are lightly barred and are very pretty.



I was trying to get a good picture of the ear-tufted one, but she's even more flighty than the others, so this was the best I could do.



A close-up of multicolored feathers.



If anyone has any ideas what breeds might be in these chickens, let me know. I'm pretty certain that a significant portion of their background is bantam breeds, because they fly very well.

1 comment:

Marissa Hunt said...

Thhanks for writing this