- Cut down a small maple sapling that the goats had girdled.
- Stripped off the bark and cut off branches.
- Let dry for a couple of days.
- Filed off all the rough spots (especially on the handle) and sanded the whole thing.
- Bent a piece of brace wire (10 gauge, if I recall correctly) into the right shape.
- Drilled a hole the same diameter as the brace wire into the end of the staff.
- With the help of some linseed oil, inserted the wire the full length of the hole.
- Rubbed a thin covering of linseed oil over the whole staff to slow drying and prevent cracking.
How Should We Then Live?
2 weeks ago